San Clemente Bowl
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice or quinoa
- 1 can organic black beans
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups shredded romain lettuce
- pico de gallo salsa (as much as you want)
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 1 small head of broccoli
- Garlic Salt + Pepper
- olive oil
- Cook 1 cup uncooked brown rice or quinoa (this should yeild about 3 cups cooked, use one cup for each bowl, so you will have a cup extra for later). Make in a rice cooker or over the stove and follow directions on package.
- Clean and cut broccoli into small florets. In a small pot bring about 1 inch of water to a boil. Steam broccoli for 2 minutues. Drain and drizzel with olive oil to taste.
- Heat black beans in small pot over medium heat add garlic salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash and chop lettuce and cilantro, along with avocado into chunks and lime in half.
- In two bowls layer brown rice or quinoa, organic black beans, and broccoli. On top add avocado, salsa, lettuce, and cilantro. Squeeze 1/2 lime on each bowl and drizzel with olive oil. Use salt and pepper to taste.
- Other topping that can be added for more punch and flavor include; chopped black olives, pinenuts, diced jalapeno, pickeled veggies, or diced red onion.
*Please check for food allergies when making these yummy recipes for family and friends and then post and tag your images on social media so we can follow along with your recipes too #datemintpeachquinoasalad #thesaltycoconut #cookwithpassion