Festive Kale Salad
- 1 bunch finely chopped kale
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dried cherries
- 1/2 cup spiced pecans
- 1 thinly sliced apple or pear
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 sliced avocado
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese (if desired)
- 3 TBsp coconut oil
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1/4 Tsp pepper
- 1/2 TBsp cinnamon
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 3 TBsp Honey
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBsp maple syrup or honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 TBsp munched shallots (optional)
Servings : 2-4
- Chop kale finely and add to large salad bowl. Slice apple, avocado and red onion; add to kale.
- Add dried cherries, pomegranate seeds, and spiced pecans. Crumble goat cheese over the entire salad. Toss with homemade dressing and serve.
- (This salad is super stisfing as is, but if you are having for dinner or want to add protein, add grilled skirt steak or chicken.)
Directions for Spiced Pecans:
- In pan over medium heat add coconut oil, salt, cinnamon, and a dash of pepper. Heat until oil is completely melted and pan is hot. Add raw pecans. Toss pecans in oil mixture and drizzle on top, gently toss.
- Continue lightly stirring the pecans until browned. (Be careful as nuts can go from lightly browned to burnt quickly). Once done remove from heat and transfer pecans into a small bowl and set aside to cool.
- (Makes 2 servings, so either go nuts and snack on them while cooking or save the remaining nuts for another salad)
Directions for Dressing:
- Add all ingredients to blender, blend on high for 1-2 minutes. Or hand mix with a whisk for about 2-3 minutes. Once all ingredients are evenly combined, drizzle on top of salad and toss.
- (Makes about 2 servings. Use discretion when adding to salad. Store left over dressing in a sealed mason jar for later use.)
*Please check for food allergies when making these yummy recipes for family and friends and then post and tag your images on social media so we can follow along with your recipes too #datemintpeachquinoasalad #thesaltycoconut #cookwithpassion