Date, Mint & Peach Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 cup cleaned quinoa
- 1 sliced peach (or 8 strawberries)
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped mint
- 1 sliced avocado
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or almonds
- 1/4 cup dried chopped dates or cranberries (all natural with no sugar added)
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 2 TBsp maple syrup
- 2 TBsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 TBsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until quinoa is tender.
- About 15 minutes. Once cooked remove from heat and let cool.
- While quinoa is cooking, make the dressing. Combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, salt & pepper. Whisk and set aside.
- Chop nuts, dried fruit & mint. Slice (or dice) avocado & fresh peach.
- When quinoa is cool, stir in all the above ingredients including the dressing. Crumble goat cheese on top. And garnish with fresh mint.
- Enjoy at room temperature or cold. Use salt & pepper to taste.
*Please check for food allergies when making these yummy recipes for family and friends and then post and tag your images on social media so we can follow along with your recipes too #datemintpeachquinoasalad #thesaltycoconut #cookwithpassion