Chicken Piccata with Farro and Arugula Salad
- 2 organic chicken breast
- 4-6 TBsp butter
- 3 TBsp capers
- 1 1/2 lemons
- 1 TBsp dried rosemary
- 1 TBsp dried oregano
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 cup uncooked farro
- 1 avocado
- olive oil to taste
- balsamic to taste
- salt and pepper
- Cook farro if not already premade. Once done drain and cover to keep warm. 1 uncooked cup should yield about 3 cooked cups.
- While farro is cooking cut and clean chicken breast. Cut each breast into 2-4 strips.
- Heat a medium size saucepan with butter over medium-high heat. Once butter has melted add chicken.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and herbs. Cook for about 4-6 minutes on each side depending on the thickness of chicken strips.
- At this point turn heat to high. Squeeze the lemon juice over chicken, and cook for a few more minutes until chicken is light brown and firm to touch. Add capers, and more butter if needed let sizzle and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine arugula, farro, and diced avocado. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic. Mix.
- Serve salad on to two separate plates and place chicken strips on top, if desired add more lemon and salt and pepper to taste.
*Please check for food allergies when making these yummy recipes for family and friends and then post and tag your images on social media so we can follow along with your recipes too
#chickenpiccata #thesaltycoconut #cookwithpassion