The Christmas season is definitely my favorite time of year. I love winter surf sessions (the waves are always better in SB), sunrises are amazing, and getting to spend quality time with family relaxing and enjoying is truly a gift.
Although its an amazing season, the month leading up to Christmas can be so crazy! People are usually stressed often having to travel, prepare large meals for family and friends, and the gift giving list seems to be ever growing. That said lets not to get wrapped up with the details but focus on the amazing gift that Christmas and time with those you love truly is.
TIPS FOR A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS:
1. Quality Over Quantity. So often people appreciate a loving card and quality time more then any gift you could buy them. Take Christmas Eve to make a fire, drink hot coco, and write really meaningful cards to everyone you love. Your loved ones will feel so blessed and it’s a great time to reflect on the past year.
2. Less Is Often More. Every Christmas Eve since I can remember my family makes tomato soup and pop overs. The meal is simple and delicious and means so much to us because we have been eating it for years. It lets us focus on each other, go to our favorite Church service without worrying about preparing the huge meal, and go on a night hike signing Christmas carols all the way to the top of the mountain (one of my favorite Christmas traditions). Of course the next night the meal is amazing and totally over the top, but its nice to not have to go all out two meals in a row, and instead make time to do things we usually wouldn’t do.
3. Be A Little Naughty. After all it is Christmas, and it’s a time to celebrate and enjoy. A few baked goods or cookies are not necessarily a bad thing if you are enjoying them with people you love and are backed up with some sport and a green juice J
4. Do Things You Love With People You Love. Although sitting around and watching movies is always fun, my family also loves surfing together, taking beach walks, and riding our bikes into town. This allows for great time to talk and catch up while getting outside and being active. This Christmas opt to be outside with the ones you love.
5. Stay Thankful! Its my number 1 tip! There is always something or someone to be thankful for. Focus on the good and what you have in this present moment. I’m so thankful for the Christmas story and it’s a wonderful time to reflect on all there is to say thank you for.
Wishing you and your family a beautiful, fun and loving Christmas & holiday season!